Welcome to What Is Stoicism!
Hi, my name is Allan and it’s my aim to help you (and me!) apply ancient Stoic wisdom to modern life each day so that you can learn from the past (but let it go), plan for the future (but not obsess), and most importantly, live in the present.
If you’re looking for somewhere to start, you can grab my free 13-day series that features Stoic daily routine tips plus some of my best downloadable guides by dropping your email in below. 👇
Latest What Is Stoicism? blog posts:
- What is Stoic Courage?This short explainer will provide you with a straightforward understanding of what the Stoic virtue of Courage is and how you can apply it in […]
- Why Your Insignificance Isn’t A Bad ThingWe’re so close to the stories we tell ourselves about our own lives that we often can’t see beyond them. If you’re like me, you’ve […]
- 10 Stoic Steps to Stop Being Angry With Other PeopleThere’s a common argument in favor of the emotion of anger that suggests it’s a useful propellant to prompt action. The claim, in other words, […]
- Build Your Stoic Toolbox By Digesting Just One Idea a DayThe Stoic sage refers to the person who is perfect in their practice of Stoicism. The sage, for example, meets the high Stoic standard of […]
- Being Stoic is a Refined Kind of SelfishnessIf you’re anything like me, socializing can sometimes feel like the last thing you want to do. Maybe yesterday was littered with frustrating interactions or […]
- Mastering the Past and Future So They Don’t Master YouThe Courage to be Disliked is a self-help book by Japanese writers Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga that takes the form of a fictitious conversation […]
- Here’s Why a Dog is a True PhilosopherOne of the few social media accounts I check every day is that of Niall Harbison (Instagram / Twitter / Substack). Originally from Ireland, Niall […]
- Stoic Protection From the Dangers of DesireDesire has a reliable way of making us view our lives through the lens of what we don’t have. This lens obscures from our sight […]